This nightgown was a gift from my sister. While it was perfectly comfortable, I just never found myself wearing it. Maybe it just seemed to dowdy - which isn't how I see myself at all :)
I thought back to those babydoll nighties from the 50's and 60's and figured I'd turn it into a project and see what I could make of it.
I started by taking about 24" off the bottom with the intention of using the leftover fabric to make a ruffled hem. I realized that I did not have enough fabric to make the ruffle I wanted but I did have enough to make a pair of matching bloomers!
I've since determined that the sleeves have to go. I think it would look so much cuter either sleeveless or with little cap sleeves.
|This is what it started as|
|My inspiration: Screen shot from "Bye Bye Birdie"|
|Here it is finished with matching bloomers!|